The City and Town comprehensive plans layout important planning goals that can be directly supported with the principles of form-based zoning codes. Below you find some of the planning foundation for this project as well as national resources to help explain what a form-based code is and why it might be helpful to implement in Ithaca.
- City of Ithaca Draft Comprehensive Plan
- Town of Ithaca Comprehensive Plan
- All of Ithaca’s past planning studies and reports – thanks to Randall-West Planners
- City of Ithaca Zoning Ordinance
- Town of Ithaca Zoning Map
- Form-Based Codes Institute
- Local Government Commission Form-Based Codes: Implementation Smart Growth
- EPA list of example Smart Growth zoning codes
This video showcases an innovative project of the Capitol Region Council of Governments that will equip towns with model zoning regulations to help them create vibrant, sustainable communities. The model regulations cover four key topic areas: Housing Diversity and Affordability, Energy Efficiency and Alternative Energy, Food Security and Local Food Systems and Compact and Mixed Use Development.
Form Ithaca Brochure Handout 1MB file size
Form Ithaca Report – Part 2 Applying the Character Code 5.8MB file size
Form Ithaca Graphic Catalog 14MB file size
Form Ithaca Growth Sectors and Regulating Plans 3.7 MB file size